- Upgrade Windows 7 To Windows 10 Free
- Install Windows 10
- Windows 7 To 10 Upgrade
- Install Windows 10 Free Upgrade From Windows 7#id=4
- Install Windows 10 Free From Windows 7
Please note: For this method to work users must have an active .edu email address. This is generally created when signing up to a college/ working for a college. Most .edu emails don’t expire and can be reactivated by contacting the college where the .edu email account was originally created.
Upgrade Windows 7 to Windows 10 FULL VERSION FOR LIFE
- It’s an old news that Windows 10 will be available as a free download to Windows 7 and Windows 8 users. This upgrade will be available to the users.
- When Windows 10 first arrived, nabbing a free upgrade was as simple as clicking the “Get Windows 10” notification prompt.Things are a bit different now, however.
- If you are installing Windows 10 on a PC running Windows XP or Windows Vista, or if you need to create installation media to install Windows 10 on a different PC, see Using the tool to create installation media (USB flash drive, DVD, or ISO file) to install Windows 10 on a different PC section below.
- Here's how to get Windows 10 for free, if you're currently running a licensed and activated copy of Windows 7, Windows 8 or Windows 8.1 Home or Pro: 1. Go to the Download Windows 10 website.
Aug 01, 2015 While the free upgrade offer ended last year, Microsoft will still let you install Windows 10 and activate it using a valid Windows 7 or Windows 8.x product key. When you download Windows 10 this way, your PC will receive a digital license valid for the life of the device, exactly the same way as if you had taken advantage of last year's offer.
This simple guide will show Windows 7 users how to upgrade to Windows 10 for free! This legit method does not involve any cracking or hacking of Microsoft’s Windows 10 operating system. We do not support or provide guides to illegal pirated versions of software…ever!
Additionally, this method is fully supported by Microsoft. When using this method to upgrade Windows 7 to Windows 10, users will have a fully active Windows 10 product key!
The Best Version of Windows 10 for Free
This will be the Eduction version of Windows 10, which as stated by Microsoft has “more features than Home or Pro, Windows 10 Education is Microsoft’s most robust version of Windows 10.”
How to Upgrade from Windows 7 to 10 for Free
Step One Backup
Upgrade Windows 7 To Windows 10 Free
First, we need to backup all the data on Windows 7. We suggest using an amazing backup service like pCloud. They offer lifetime cloud storage for a one-time price… meaning you pay once and never have to pay a subscription fee again.
Otherwise, using an external backup is a great option as well. Always double-check all backups have completed successfully before continuing to the free upgrade to Windows 10. If all goes well with the Windows 10 install, all personal files and applications should transfer over from Windows 7 with no problems. Some older more outdated software might have some compatibility issues… but this isn’t too common.
Step Two Download Windows 10 for Free
Next, we will be downloading and installing Windows 10. This is where the .Edu email address will come into play.
Go to On The Hub to download Windows 10. This site will allow users to get a full free version of Windows 10 Education. To get the free version of Windows 10 users will be asked to pick a college to which their .Edu email is associated with. OnTheHub.com will then send a verification email to the provided .Edu email address. Once the email is verified, the Windows 10 installer will be ready to download. After the download is completed, run the installation of Windows 10. This will generally be located in the download folder after the file has been fully downloaded. The exact file name will be “Media creation tool.”
Step Three Run the Windows 10 Install
Lastly, run the Windows 10 install and follow the on-screen instructions!
Having an issue upgrade Windows 7 to Windows 10? Leave us a comment and we will get back to you shortly.Can you still upgrade to windows 10 for free?
Yes! This method and other scenarios would allow a free Windows 10 upgrade. Again, we highly suggest not using a pirated version of Windows 10.Does this method include the Windows 10 media creation tool download?
Yes. This tool will allow users to make a Windows 10 bootable USB installer.
Install Windows 10
Windows 10 Media Creation Tool Download
The Windows 10 creation tool will be included in the download of Windows 10 Education. The tool is very easy to use and is a great option for anyone who needs to install Windows 10 on multiple machines.
Need help using the Windows 10 Media Creation Tool? We can Help! Learn More…
After successfully downloading Windows 10, run the installer and select ” create installation media.” Contact us or read the Create Installing Media guide for more info.
Windows 7 To 10 Upgrade
Last updated on : August 8th, 2020 by R Yadav
Upgrade from windows 7 to windows 10
Free upgrade from Microsoft 100% Genuine Software upgrade Upgrade from Microsoft's official site
Want to upgrade to a genuine version of Windows 10 for free from your existing Windows 7 or 8.1 on your PC for free? Yes. you heard right!. You can still get the free upgrade of Windows 10 from Microsoft.
In this short guide, we will see how to upgrade your Windows 7 or Windows 8.1 OS to Windows 10 OS from Microsoft's official site. Please note that the tutorial or trick mentioned in this article will not work if you have carked or pirated or duplicate widows 7 or 8.1 license.
Actually, Microsoft's offer for a free upgrade of Windows 7 and 8.1 users has ended long ago, but technically speaking you can still upgrade your old Windows 7 or 8.1 to Windows 10 for free of cost.
It is why necessary to upgrade to the latest Windows 10 from your old Windows 7 & 8.1?
It is important to remember that support from Microsoft, the OEM for Windows 7 has already ended on 14-Jan-2020 and Windows 8 and 8.1's end of life and support will also end in Jan-2023. If you are using these above two Windows outdated OS then your PC or Notebooks may become vulnerable to current cybersecurity risks and you may end up losing valuable personal data and IT assets.
Advantages of Windows 10 overs Windows 7 & Windows 8.1:
Other than the reasons for Windows 7 and Windows 8.1 has reached the end of life, the following are the reasons and advantages which is enough for you to upgrade to Microsoft's most successful operating systems.
- User-Friendly Interface
- Enterprise features: Touch, Apps, Movies, Games, Virtual Desktops, and Timeline.
- Security: Secure Boot feature
- Less Boot time
- Performance and speed
- A Better Browser: Microsoft Edge
Read Also: How to download YouTube videos for free?
How to check your computer's Windows 7 or 8.1 activation status?
1.Click on Start Menu.
2. Right-click Computer and open Properties.
3. Windows for 'View basic information about your computer' will come out. Scroll down to Windows Activation and please check the status of the current Windows version installed on your PC. If you see that message'Windows is activated ', congratulations! you are eligible for a free upgrade Windows 10 from Microsoft.
NOTE: NOTE: If you are going to upgrade your PC or laptop OS to Windows 10, please make sure:
1. Back up all of your important apps, images, files, documents, and data.
2. Plugged into a charger during the entire updating process.
Install Windows 10 Free Upgrade From Windows 7#id=4
How to update your PC from Windows 7 or 8.1 to Windows 10 for FREE: A Step-By-StepGuide
Here is the all steps explained with screen shots for your easy understanding and replicating it on your PC to upgrade Windows 7 to Windows 10.
1. Open your favorite web browser and get to Microsoft official website link: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10
2. Select Download 'Create Windows 10 installation media' tool and Save the file and double click or select Run as administrator to launch the setup.
3. A pop-up asking you 'if you want to allow the planned program to make changes to your personal computer' will open. Choose Yes. In case, you don't get this message, please ensure that your blocker is turned off.
4. A pop up windows will open with a message like “Upgrade this PC now'. Select it, when prompted.
4. After the setup has loaded, you shall have to read and Accept 'Applicable notices and license terms'.
5. Subsequently, your computer will download relevant any updates required for the setup of Windows 10 on your machine. This activity could take some considerable time depends on your PC's status and internet download speed.
6. On the next screen, your computer has finished updating, You should receive a popup-message that Windows 10 is ready to install after and please select Install. Make sure check-mark beside Keep personal files, apps, and other option which you want to retain. It will ensure that you don't lose any of your personal data in the process of updating your computer.
7. If this is simply not selected, click Change what to keep, and you should see retention files that can be personal apps as an option. Select Next, then select Install.
8. Next, choose your privacy settings as you like but recommend to default for everything.
9. Congratulations!. you have successfully upgraded your Windows 7 or Windows 8.1 laptop to Windows 10 for free.
After the Windows 10 Upgrade:
Once you upgraded your PC or laptop to Windows following above steps, Lets check the status of activation of Windows 1 on your machine. You may head to the Settings > Update & Security > Activation screen. You must see under Activation that your system is “activated with a digital license.”
Final Words: How to Upgrade Windows 7 to Windows 10 for FREE
Install Windows 10 Free From Windows 7
I hope that the above short guide on 'How to Upgrade Windows 7 to Windows 10 for FREE' has cleared all your doubts on the process. If you still have a Windows 7 OS on your system, please upgrade to the latest Windows OS as it has great advantages over old Windows 7 and 8.1 which is to be declared the end of life very soon. Also, by upgrading to Windows 7 you can get all of the new features of Windows, firewall & security features.
Please comment below if you face any problem while upgrading your PC to Windows 10, our expert will try to help you out. IF you like this article, please share with your friends and family.
Read Next Article:Best 3 ways to convert 3GP to MP4